Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Contents Page Evaluation (Preliminary Task)

 
 
 The first stage of producing the contents page was researching existing Excel contents pages. I looked at the simplistic layout and the way the same features reoccurred on each contents page. With ‘Excel’ being a school magazine it is clear the target audience is young people in the age range of 11-18. I then researched a few more magazine contents pages which there was a lot more going on, magazines such as ‘Empire’. From looking at the different range of magazines I realised most magazine have the strip on the left saying ‘Content’ and that they included a range of images and text giving the reader an insight of what is inside the magazine and also on which page to find the article, from noticing this it influenced me to include these features in my design.  I then sketched out 3 templates on paper and chose the design I thought was best to carry on and produce on Photoshop. I then opened Photoshop and began to use the tools to sketch out the template which I would develop into my final piece. Having already used Photoshop to produce the front cover I felt comfortable using the software. I started adding the layers for each feature and then went on to take the photos I would need for this cover. I then created the contents strip which I included the page number for the article of the specific topic. I then inserted the white boxes where my text and images would go. I continued the house style form my front cover and carried the mast head and logo over. I then began adding text and images. Once I had roughly finished I added a few effects such as the low on the edge of the boxes just so the plain black background didn’t stand out as much. I then angled the image of the photo on the bottom left to fill the space more.

No comments:

Post a Comment